|
|
Macon Chronicle-Herald - Macon, MO
  • Macon Moments in History, April 10, 1998

    • email print
  • The following Macon Moments in History were taken from the April 10, 1998 edition of the Macon Chronicle-Herald.
    Jim Brown, C-H Sports Editor had a front page story about the resurgence of the Macon Country Club.
    Some history in the article included:
    The course was constructed by Theodore Gary in the early 1930’s.
    The Macon Golf Club’s 100 members used the course for a fee of $1 per year.
    In January 1949 the course was sold to Burt and Pauline Thieman for $17,000.
    They built a new clubhouse in 1950.
    The not-for-profit Macon Country Club was organized in October of 1951.
    The Thieman’s sold the course & buildings to the Macon Country Club for $32,000 on July 1, 1959.
    The dining room and swimming pool were added in 1961.

        • »  EVENTS CALENDAR