The following Macon Moments in History were taken from the April 10, 1998 edition of the Macon Chronicle-Herald.
Jim Brown, C-H Sports Editor had a front page story about the resurgence of the Macon Country Club.
Some history in the article included:
The course was constructed by Theodore Gary in the early 1930’s.
The Macon Golf Club’s 100 members used the course for a fee of $1 per year.
In January 1949 the course was sold to Burt and Pauline Thieman for $17,000.
They built a new clubhouse in 1950.
The not-for-profit Macon Country Club was organized in October of 1951.
The Thieman’s sold the course & buildings to the Macon Country Club for $32,000 on July 1, 1959.
The dining room and swimming pool were added in 1961.