The Macon Fire Department responded to a report of a stove fire on North Rubey Street Monday at 9:28 p.m. One fire truck and 12 firefighters responded and were on the scene by 9:32 p.m. to find a cooking stove on fire in the front yard.
According to Macon Fire Chief Ross Dutton, a member of the household unplugged the stove while it was on fire and put it outside.
A water extinguisher was used to put out the fire. No other fire was found in the residence, only burned areas were found on the cabinet and ceiling above where the stove was originally located. There was a moderate amount of smoke throughout the house and a fan was set up at the front door to remove it.
The fire department cleared the scene at 9:56 p.m.