A fire destroyed a home south of Bevier on Sunday, Oct. 7. According to Bevier Fire Protection District Chief David Coleman, a call was received at approximately 8:14 p.m. to the home of Jeff Scheel at 25876 Hoyle Place.
Coleman said that the fire was believed to have started when a cat knocked over a lamp and caught a sofa on fire.
Though the home was a total loss, many of the contents were saved.
There were 14 responding from the Bevier Fire Protection District. Tanker support came from Macon Rural Fire and Callao Fire. A member of the Macon City Fire Department assisted with the investigation. Crews remained at the scene for approximately two and one half hours.